Wild Rice Mushroom Soup
2 Tbspolive oil
1white onion, chopped
1/2 ccelery, chopped
1/2 ccarrots, chopped
3 csliced white mushrooms
1 cwhite wine or low-sodium, fat-free chicken broth
5 clow sodium, fat- free chicken broth
2 cfat-free half-and-half
1/2 tspdried thyme
To tasteblack pepper
2 ccooked wild rice(usually cook night before)
How to Make Wild Rice Mushroom Soup
- Put olive oil in stockpot and bring to medium heat
- Add chopped onion, celery and carrots. Cook until tender.
- Add mushrooms, white wine and chicken broth. Cover and heat through.
- In a bowl, blend half-and-half, flour, thyme and pepper.
- Then stir in cooked wild rice.
- Pour rice Mixture into hot stockpot with vegetables.
- Cook over medium heat. Stir continually until thickened and bubbly.