We're All Together Tomato Mac Soup
My hubby said we needed to install a traffic light in the kitchen....and something words to the effect "feeding frenzy".
Any way I loved the fact that we were all together and this is one of the soups I used to make.
It is a regional dish and every Mom and pop diner make this, as well as one of the local churches has this for their annual bazaar.
There actually is a controversy as to weather you cook the mac in with the soup, or separate, every one up there has an opinion.
1 Tbspvegtable oil
1 largeonion, chopped
64 oz( 2-32 oz) containers beef broth or stock
29 oz( 2 14.5 ounce cans) diced tomatoes
1 celbow macaroni, uncooked
1 tspbeef base, optional this makes it beefier and also saltier
1/2 tspblack pepper
2 mediumbay leaves
1/4 tspcrushed red pepper
1/2 tspdried parsley
1 1/2 lbhamburg, or ground chuck
How to Make We're All Together Tomato Mac Soup
- In a stock pot add the vegtable oil, and saute the onion until translucent.
- Add the ground beef and cook until no longer pink. Don't drain, that's where all the love is.
- Add beef base,beef broth,tomatoes,and seasonings.
- Simmer 15 minutes, then add macaroni.
- Continue to simmer until macaroni is tender.