Welsh Five-Minute Potatoes
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 Tbspolive oil
6 slicesthick bacon, cut into 2-inch strips
2 smallonions, halved and cut into thin rings
10 babypotatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
3 cupslow-sodium beef stock (700ml)
1 tspblack pepper
·worcestershire sauce, to serve (optional)
How to Make Welsh Five-Minute Potatoes
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add bacon and onion rings, and cook about 6 to 7 minutes until the bacon is lightly browned and the onions are soft.
- Layer the potato slices over the bacon and onions, and don't worry if the skillet seems crowded as the potatoes will reduce a bit after cooking a bit. Add stock to the skillet, and simmer until the potatoes are beginning to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are soft and cooked through, stirring frequently to blend all the ingredients.
- Season with salt and pepper, and serve with bread on the side.
- Optional: A sprinkle or two of Worcestershire sauce can be floated on top of each serving, for added flavor.