Tomato coconut basil soup
2 can(s)fire roasted diced tomatoes
1 can(s)stewed tomatoes
1 1/2 ccanned coconut milk
2-3 cvegetable broth
1/4 conion, chopped
2 clovegarlic, chopped
1 Tbspolive oil
·handful of fresh basil leaves
·salt and pepper
How to Make Tomato coconut basil soup
- In a large pot, over medium heat, add olive oil and saute onions and garlic for a few minutes.
- Add all the tomatoes and the broth, heat to a boil, reduce heat to simmer, and cook for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, add 1 cup of the coconut milk and basil, and pulse to chop basil, just enough to see small pieces (don't blend too much or milk will turn green). You can start with 1 cup of milk, and add more at the end if you want your soup slightly creamier and/or sweeter. Transfer to large container/bowl.
- When soup is ready, let it cool slightly, and in batches, add to the food processor and blend until you reach a semi-smooth consistency.
NOTE: You may not need to use all the broth when blending. I used a slotted spoon toward the end in order to produce a slightly thicker blended soup. You can always add more broth if needed at the end.
- Add to large container/bowl with coconut milk.
When finished, stir to combine, and season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle into bowls, garnish with more basil if desired, and serve!
- You can refrigerate this soup and reheat for up to one week.