The Best Creamy Corn Chowder (without the cream!)
·light vegetable cooking oil spray
1 cchopped onion (1 med onion)
6 cfresh corn kernels (12 ears)
3 cchicken stock or broth
1/2 cchopped red bell pepper
1/2 tspchopped fresh rosemary
1/2 tspdried thyme
1/8 tspfreshly ground black pepper
·cayenne pepper to taste
1 Tbspchopped fresh basil
How to Make The Best Creamy Corn Chowder (without the cream!)
- Preheat a large, heavy saucepan over medium heat for about 1 minute. Spray it twice with the vegetable oil
- Saute the onion for about 5 mins, until translucent. Add 4 cups of the corn and saute for 4 to 5 mins until it softens a bit. Add 2 cups of the chicken stock and cook until the corn can be mashed easily with a fork, about 20 mins.
- Transfer the contents of the pan to a blender and puree until smooth. Return the puree to the saucepan over medium low heat.
- Add the bell pepper, rosemary, thyme, black pepper, cayenne pepper and the remaining 1 cup chicken stock and 2 cups corn. Stir and cook for about 10 mins more until the chowder is thick and creamy
- Garnish w the chopped basil.