Teacherman's Sweet Potato-Coconut Soup
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- coconut or olive oil
- small red onion, chopped
- inch piece of fresh ginger, grated
- 1 pinch
- red pepper flakes
- 3 c
- chicken stock, preferred homemade
- 1 1/2 c
- 1 1/2 lb
- sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/2 c
- unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp
- clover honey
- 2 pinch
How to Make Teacherman's Sweet Potato-Coconut Soup
- 1Heat oil in saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and ginger, cook 5 minutes, or until soft. Add red pepper flakes and cook for 30 seconds.
- 2Add stock and water and bring to a boil. Add sweet potatoes, bring to a simmer and cook 25-30 minutes, until potatoes are soft. Cool 10 minutes.
- 3Transfer mixture to a blender and process until smooth. Return to saucepan and simmer over low heat. Whisk in coconut milk, honey, and cinnamon. Cook until thickened and warmed. Season to taste with salt and pepper.