Sweet Potato-Coconut Soup
This soup is wonderful. The coconut adds just the right amount of sweetness without being overpowering.
I've made slight changes to this Bobby Flay recipe.
- 3 Tbsp
- canola oil
- 1 1/2
- red onion chopped
- 1/2 tsp
- ground ginger or 2 inch piece of fresh grated (add more if it's fresh) i take it easy with the ginger because my husband doesn't care for it.
- red pepper flakes
- 6 c
- chicken broth
- 1 c
- medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 c
- unsweetened coconut milk (do not use cream of coconut)
- 2 Tbsp
- 1/2 tsp
- ground cinnimon - or to taste
How to Make Sweet Potato-Coconut Soup
- 1In saucepan over medium heat saute onion and ginger in oil for about 5 minutes.
- 2Add pepper flakes (to taste), broth and water and bring to a boil.
- 3Add sweet potatoes. Simmer for 20-30 minutes until potatoes are soft.
- 4Cool for 10 minutes and then puree in batches in blender (I use an emersion blender).
- 5Put back in saucepan and whisk in coconut milk, honey and cinnamon. Season to taste with salt and pepper.