Sweet Potato-Coconut Soup
This soup is wonderful. The coconut adds just the right amount of sweetness without being overpowering.
I've made slight changes to this Bobby Flay recipe.
3 Tbspcanola oil
1 1/2red onion chopped
1/2 tspground ginger or 2 inch piece of fresh grated (add more if it's fresh) i take it easy with the ginger because my husband doesn't care for it.
·red pepper flakes
6 cchicken broth
5-6medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
3 cunsweetened coconut milk (do not use cream of coconut)
1/2 tspground cinnimon - or to taste
How to Make Sweet Potato-Coconut Soup
- In saucepan over medium heat saute onion and ginger in oil for about 5 minutes.
- Add pepper flakes (to taste), broth and water and bring to a boil.
- Add sweet potatoes. Simmer for 20-30 minutes until potatoes are soft.
- Cool for 10 minutes and then puree in batches in blender (I use an emersion blender).
- Put back in saucepan and whisk in coconut milk, honey and cinnamon. Season to taste with salt and pepper.