Sweet Potato and French Radish Soup
It is a great way to add many fresh vegetables to your diet. I like to make this soup the same week as my radish green recipes.
French Radishes are elongated and I feel give a subtle difference in taste, but you can substitute the regular Sparkler Radishes.
- sweet potatoes, cut in chunks
- french radishes, cut in chunks
- white potatoes, cut in chunks
- heads of broccoli, cut in chunks, stalks included
- onion, sliced
- 2 Tbsp
- garlic, chopped
- spicy pepper (optional)
- 5 c
- beef broth
- enough water to cover the vegetables
- 3 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 1/2 c
- red wine
- 3 Tbsp
- worcestershire sauce
- 1 c
- cream or whole milk
- 1/2 stick
- shaved parmigiano reggiano
- sea salt
- white pepper, ground
How to Make Sweet Potato and French Radish Soup
- 1In a large soup pot with a lid, place all the before pureeing ingredients. Bring to a boil, then reduce to low medium.
- 2Keep covered and stir frequently, cooking for 1-2 hours.
- 3Then puree in batches and return to pot.
- 4Serve with topping sprinkled. I would also encourage some homemade pumpernickel croutons.