- 2 c
- tomatoes, crushed
- 3 c
- beef broth (or vegetable for vegetarian)
- 1 large
- onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 2 can(s)
- garbanzo beans (15.5oz), drained and rinsed
- 3 Tbsp
- parsley, finely chopped
- 1-2 Tbsp
- cayenne pepper, ground (depending on how spicy you want it)
- 2 tsp
- kosher salt
How to Make Spicy Tomato Garbanzo Soup
- 1Sautee onions in olive oil until translucent.
- 2Add tomatoes and ground cayenne.
Keep on low heat for about 5 minutes.
- 3Add beans and simmer 20-25 minutes.
- 4Pour the broth to a heavy bottomed saucepan, add contents of sautee pan.
- 5Bring to boil, add chopped parsley and remove from heat.