Smokey, Cheesy Ham and Tater soup
- leftover ham bone with ham
- 6 medium
- celery stalks
- 3 clove
- minced garlic
- 1 can(s)
- fat free evaporated milk, undiluted
- 8 oz
- cheddar cheese, shredded or your favorite
- **fresh thyme
How to Make Smokey, Cheesy Ham and Tater soup
- 1Boil ham bone in 4 c of water for a couple of hours. Remove bone and any ham that is left on it, you may want to strain your broth.
- 2Dice and carrots into med. size cubes, dice onions and celery and mince garlic. Place in large soup pot with 1/4 c of olive oil and saute on low till veggies are tender.
- 3Peel potatoes and cut into cubes. In another pot boil until fork tender and drain. In the pot you are sauting the veggies, add a little more oil if necessary and about 1/2 c of flour. Mix together till flour is absorbed. Add canned milk and mix to remove any lumps. Add ham broth. Simmer for about 10 min. Add drained potatoes.