RUSSIAN GREEN BEAN & POTATO SOUP
Recipe & photo: allrecipes.com
- 1 Tbsp
- vegetable oil
- 1 large
- onion, halved and thinly sliced
- red potatoes, cubed
- 1/2 lb
- green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 5 c
- vegetable, chicken, or beef broth
- 2 Tbsp
- whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 c
- sour cream
- 3/4 c
- sauerkraut with juice
- 1 Tbsp
- chopped fresh dill
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make RUSSIAN GREEN BEAN & POTATO SOUP
- 1Heat vegetable oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the onion and gently cook until softened and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- 2Add the potatoes and green beans; cook until the green beans have slightly softened, about 5 more minutes.
- 3Pour in the vegetable stock. Bring to a boil over high heat. Lower heat to medium-low, cover, and cook until the potatoes have softened, about 15 minutes.
- 4Stir the flour into the sour cream, and add it a spoonful at a time to the simmering soup. Stir in the sauerkraut and dill, season to taste with salt and pepper. Simmer for 5 minutes more before serving.