ROASTED VEGETABLE STOCK
- 3 medium
- carrors cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 medium
- stalks celery cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 small
- onions cut into quarters
- 2 clove
- garlic cut in half
- 1 large
- potato diced
- 1 medium
- bell pepper quarted
- salt and pepper to taste
- herbs; dill, rosemary, oregano and a little mint if wanted
How to Make ROASTED VEGETABLE STOCK
- 1Put all vegetables in a parchment lined baking sheet. Roast at 400 degrees for 1 hour. After vegetables are done roasting.
- 2Combine all ingredients in a large soup pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil.
- 3Cover and simmer until vegetables are tender about 1 hour.
- 4Remove from heat, cool and strain, use liquid as a base for vegetable soup or for recipes calling for broth or stock