Roasted Vegetable Soup (Vegan)
1 largeyellow squash
8 largeroma tomatoes
3 pkgvegetable bouillon cube
1 1/2 cwater
1/2 cwhite vinegar
How to Make Roasted Vegetable Soup (Vegan)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Chop all vegetables (except tomatoes) into small cubes and arrange in a large roasting pan or baking dish. Arrange whole garlic cloves on top of veggies.
- Drizzle olive oil over top of veggies. Shake pan to spread the olive oil evenly throughout the dish. Be sure to add enough olive oil for browning.
- Place 3 large tomatoes in a separate pan and add to the lower rack of the oven. Roast for 20 minutes and remove from oven to let cool.
- Place veggies on the middle rack in the oven and roast uncovered for 45-60 minutes, stirring the ingredients every 10-15 minutes to prevent veggies from sticking to the pan.
- Remove veggies from the oven when they begin to turn golden brown (but not crispy!)
- Remove the skin from the cooled tomatoes and add them to a food processor with 1 cup of water, two bouillon cubes and the remaining herbs. Puree and remove from processor.
- Add half of the roasted veggies to the food processor along with 1/2 cup of water, 1/2 cup of vinegar and 1 bouillon cube. Puree and remove from food processor.
- Combine both purees and the remaining roasted veggies into a large pot. Stir, cover and simmer on low heat for 30-45 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.