Roasted Tomato Soup with Fresh Basil by RR
- 3 1/2 lb
- tomatoes (i use plum or really large ripe tomatoes will be great too)
- large sweet onion chopped
- cloves of garlic quartered
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil (possibly a little more)
- 2 Tbsp
- fresh thyme leaves
- a little salt
- 1/4 tsp
- large fresh basil leaves possibly more
- croutons and a few fresh basil leaves if wanted on top.
How to Make Roasted Tomato Soup with Fresh Basil by RR
- 1Preheat oven to 400: Halve tomatoes and place them, chopped onion, garlic, thyme leaves, salt and pepper in a pan, toss with olive to coat all. Bake 30 minutes or until tender, stir once. Bake until tender or done, cool slightly.
- 2In a blender process tomato mixture and basil in small batches until blended. Transfer into a large saucepan and heat through. Garnish with croutons and a little fresh basil leaves if wanted. Serve