Mertzie's Roasted Red Pepper Soup
- sweet red peppers, roasted & chopped
- stalk celery, chopped
- onion, chopped
- tsp minced garlic
- 1 1/2 c
- chicken broth
- cup sour cream or heavy cream
- fresh grated parm
- salt & pepper to taste
How to Make Mertzie's Roasted Red Pepper Soup
- 1Cut the red peppers in half & take out seeds. Roast the red peppers. I roast them in the oven w/ some italian seasoning & olive oil until the edges are getting black, then I put them in a paper bag, seal it for 20 mins, and the peels come off so easily.
- 2Meanwhile, in Dutch Oven, heat olive oil & saute onion & celery for 5 mins or until tender. Add a little salt, if you wish.
- 3Add the garlic & stir. Then add the roasted red peppers, now chopped up, and chicken broth. Bring to a boil.
- 4Turn off heat. Gently pour the soup into a blender & puree until smooth. Add the cream & puree a few seconds to get it all blended. I transfer back to the Dutch Oven & put heat on very low. Add fresh ground black pepper. This is where I will add any additional seasoning, if in the mood.
- 5Serve in two soup mugs and grate fresh parmesan on top of each bowl. The parm is wonderful in this! Enjoy!