Blue Ribbon Recipe
This is a fun recipe! You may also want to try using mini pumpkins for serving individual portions. The Test Kitchen
2 Tbspolive oil, extra virgin
1bell pepper, diced large
1 mediumonion, diced
4 mediumpotatoes, cubed
2celery stalks, diced
28 ozdiced tomoatoes
4 cchicken broth
How to Make Pumpkin Stew
- Carve a hole in the top of the pumpkin; remove seeds and stringy inside, then set the pumpkin aside.
- Saute onions and celery in oil then add chicken and brown.
- Add all the cut up vegetables, salt, pepper, and broth. Let simmer 1 hour.
- Place pumpkin in shallow baking pan. Brush the sides of the pumpkin with oil.
- Fill with the stew mixture. Cook on 350 for 2 hours or until the pumpkin is tender. Serve.
- Be sure to get chunks of pumpkin in your stew as you serve it--this enhances the flavor.