- 6 cups chicken stock or canned low-salt chicken broth
- 2 cups whipping cream 29-ounce can pumpkin
- 1/3 cup (packed) dark brown sugar 2 teaspoons ground cumin 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg grated cheddar cheese chopped fresh cilantro
How to Make pumpkin soup
- 1Bring chicken stock and whipping cream to boil in heavy medium pot. Whisk in canned pumpkin, brown sugar, cumin, chili powder, coriander and nutmeg. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until soup thickens slightly and flavors blend, about 15 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Soup can be prepared up to 1 day ahead. Cool. Cover and refrigerate. Rewarm over medium-low heat, whisking occasionally.) Ladle soup into bowls. Garnish each serving with cheddar cheese and cilantro and serve.