★★★★★ 1 vote5
6 mediumpotatoes, cut up
1 conion, chopped
3 largecarrots, sliced
4 cbroth, whichever type goes with your choice of meat, if not using meat use chicken broth
1/2 tspdried basil
1 tspparsley flakes
1/2 tspblack pepper
2 stalk(s)celery, thinly sliced
1/4 cflour (or 3 tbsp cornstarch)
1/2 lbmeat of choice (optional)
1 1/4 cmilk
How to Make Potato Stew
- Combine vegetables, spices and broth in slow cooker.
- If using meat, cut into desired sized pieces and add to slow cooker. If using bacon do not do this.
- In separate bowl, combine milk and flour/cornstarch, then add to slow cooker.
- Let cook on medium or high setting four about 4 1/2 to 5 hours.
- If using bacon, cook bacon in skillet. Break/cut into pieces and add to stew after stew has cooked for at least 4 hours.
- Serve with crackers or biscuits.