- 5-6 medium
- potatoes, peeled and cubed
- one medium
- acorn squash, peeled and cubed
- one can(s)
- tomatoes, diced, (15 oz.)
- three Tbsp
- one small
- onion, diced
- one clove
- garlic, minced
- 1/4 c
- cream, milk or half n half (your choice)
- four c
- 1-2 pinch
- salt and pepper
How to Make Potato-Squash Soup
- 1In a large stockpot, heat the oil over med. high heat. Brown the potatoes, squash and onion. Add the water and garlic.
Cook until vegetables are soft. Mash the vegetable mixture.
- 2Puree tomatoes in a blender before adding to soup mixture. Stir well to blend. Fold in cream. Season soup with salt and pepper.
- 3Notes: If you want a smoother soup, puree the soup in batches in a blender. Or, use an immersion blender. Remember to move the soup off the burner before you puree it.
If you prefer a spicier flavor, add a pinch of ground ginger or curry powder to the soup.
If you like a thinner soup, add 2 C water. You can also use 2 C water and 2 C chicken or vegetable broth instead of the 4 C water. However, using broth will change the flavor of the soup. I prefer it with just water. You really get the flavor of the squash.