★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 slicebread, whole wheat (1.5 oz)
1 tspminced garlic
1/3 colive oil, extra virgin
2 Tbspred wine vinegar
1 carugula, fresh
2 sliceturkey bacon
2hard boiled eggs
How to Make My Salmorejo
- Cut each slice of bread into small pieces and put into a shallow bowl. Pour 1/3 cup water and soak the bread until ready to use.
- Peel each tomato and chop. Put into blender with minced garlic and puree until smooth
- Take the bread out of the bowl and squeeze to drain completely then put into the blender. Blend until smooth. Stir in olive oil, salt and red wine vinegar and blend again until all ingredients are blended well. Transfer to a container and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- In the meantime, prepare the topping. Cook bacon without oil in a skillet until crisp then chop. Chop boiled eggs. Wash arugula and drain in the colander.
- To serve, take the soup container out of the refrigerator and pour the soup into each serving soup bowl, put bacon, eggs and arugula. Sprinkle freshly ground black pepper and drizzle some extra virgin olive oil. (this is option)