My Delicious Baked Potato and Bacon Soup
2 1/2 lbbaking potatoes (about 4 to 6) depending on size
4 sliceturkey bacon
2 1/4 cchopped onion
1/2 tspkosher salt
3garlic cloves, minced
3 3/4 c1% low fat milk
1/2 tspblack pepper
1 1/2 cfat free, low sodium chicken broth
2 Tbspchopped freah parsley (optional)
1/2 csliced green onions
1/2 c(2 1/2 ounces) finely shredded reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese
How to Make My Delicious Baked Potato and Bacon Soup
- Preheat oven to 400
- Pierce potatoes with a fork, place of a baking sheet and bake for 1 hour or until tender.
- Remove from oven and cool slightly.
- Partially mash potatoes, including skins with a potato masher and set aside.
- Cook the bacon in a Dutch oven until crisp, remove from pan and crumble.
- Add the onion to bacon drippings in pan and saute 5 minutes;add salt,garlic and bay leaf and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add potatoes, milk, pepper and broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Discard bay leat and stir in parsley if desired.
- Remove from stove and top individual servings with bacon,green onion and cheese