Moroccan Seafood Soup
- 2 lb
- fresh or frozen shrimp, peeled
- 16 oz
- fresh or frozen clams on the half shell (save the liquer if you have any)
- 12 c
- water to boil the shrimp and clam shells
- bay leaves
- 3 Tbsp
- coconut oil
- 3 medium
- yukon gold potatoes cut in cubes
- 1 large
- yellow onion cut in cubes
- 1 large
- fennel bulb cut into cubes
- 6 medium
- button mushrooms, chopped
- 4 large
- garlic cloves, crushed and chopped
- 2 c
- home made tomato sauce (bottled is fine)
- 1 c
- 1/4 tsp
- harissa seasoning
- 1/2 tsp
- cry coriander seasoning
- sheets nori rolled up and sliced thin (i use scissors)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 qt
- chicken stock
How to Make Moroccan Seafood Soup
- 1Remove the shrimp and clams from their shells. Put into a large pot with the bay leaves and the 12 cups of salted water. Cover and simmer while preparing the rest of the ingredients.
- 2In another pot start cooking the chopped onion and garlic in the heated coconut oil on low for about 10 minutes or until the onions are just soft. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking. Don't burn the garlic!
- 3Add the potatoes, fennel, mushrooms, wine and tomato sauce. Let this cook for a further 10 minutes and don't forget to stir. Add the clam liqueur and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- 4Taste the food and season again if needed. Add the Harrisa and coriander seasonings.
- 5Strain the shrimp and clam shells into a large bowl. Add the shrimp/clam liquid to the veggies and simmer another 10 minutes.
- 6Serve hot with a piece of crusty bread.