1 Tbspextra-virgin olive oil
1garlic clove, minced
4 cfat-free , unsalted chicken broth
1/2 cchopped fresh spinach
1 can(s)chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1/2 cuncooked small-shell pasta
1small zucchini , diced
2 Tbspchopped fresh basil
How to Make Minestrone Soup
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion, celery and carrot and saute until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and continue cooking for another minute.
- Stir in broth,tomatoes, spinach,chickpeas,and pasta.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add zucchini.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes more.
- Remove from heat and stir in basil.
- Ladle into individual bowls and serve immediately.