Lotsa Cabbage Soup
Mine was made from memory this morning, and when I finished I looked for the recipe. It's online, but the quantity is too big, I made what I wanted and it's great. I love this soup!
- 1 stick
- celery, sliced
- small or medium carrots, sliced
- 1/2 medium
- sweet onion, chopped
- 2 clove
- fresh garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp
- vegetable oil
- 1/2 large
- head of cabbage, sliced,
- 1 pkg
- cut green beans, frozen and cooked, or thawed
- 28 ounce can, organic chopped tomatoes in juice
- 14 ounce can, low-fat,low-salt chicken broth* optional
- 3 c
- twists of the black pepper mill, or more, as desired
How to Make Lotsa Cabbage Soup
- 1Saute the first four ingredients in a large soup pot,about 5 minutes,then add tomatoes, water, cabbage, green beans and seasonings.
- 2Stir often, and add water to suit yourself if it doesn't seem to have enough broth. Let simmer for about 40 more minutes.