Lentil tomato soup
1 tspolive oil
1/2 cwhite wine (make shure it is one you will drink)
1 Tbspdried basil
1 Tbspdried oregano
1 Tbspdried marjoram
1 clentils, dry
1 can(s)diced tomatoes 28oz (low sodium)
1 cfresh spinach
·sea salt to taste
How to Make Lentil tomato soup
- Heat a 6 quart pressure cooker on medium heat. Add the olive oil and saute the onions and garlic until translucent (not browned).
- Pour in the wine and allow it to bubble to deglaze the pot and burn off the alcohol.
- If using dried herbs, stir them in now, followed by the lentils,water, and tomatoes.
- cover the pressure cooker and bring up to pressure. if your cooker has a variable weight for how many LB. of pressure I am using 15 LB. pressure.
- Process for 4 minutes according to your cookers directions. then turn off heat or remove heat source and let cool completely until it is safe to remove the lid.
- add the fresh spinach and salt to taste.