Lentil Soup, Greek Style (Fakes)
Lorraine M Sules
2celery stalks, chopped
1medium onion, chopped
1 can(s)crushed tomatoes (28 ozs)
2-3 clovegarlic, chopped
1/4 colive oil
1/4 cred wine vinegar
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Lentil Soup, Greek Style (Fakes)
- Pick over and wash the lentils. Put them in a large pot covered with water and bring to a boil for 2 minutes. Remove from heat, drain and rinse Lentils and set aside.
- In a large pot add 1 tsp of the olive oil and saute celery, garlic, onions, and carrots, until tender, approx 5 minutes
- Add Lentils, bay leaves, salt and pepper and 2 quarts of water. Bring to a boil and cover partially for 20 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes and oil and return to a boil. Reduce heat to low, partially covered and simmer for 30 minutes or until Lentils are tender.
- Remove the bay leaves, add vinegar and adjust seasoning. Ladle into bowls and serve with crispy toasted pita bread.
- *optional - drizzle a little bit of extra virgin olive oil on top of each bowl of soup. It adds such a beautiful flavor to the finished soup.
Kali Orexi (Hearty Appetite)