Irish Potato Soup
My family really enjoyed this soup with some Irish soda bread as a dunker! So here is a shared recipe.
Food Snob's Wife
- 1 lb
- bacon, cooked and crumbled, or like the pkg. kind from sam's club
- 1 medium
- onion, chopped
- 1 c
- celery, chopped
- 6 large
- potatoes, scrubbed and cubed
- 24 oz
- 2 (12 oz.cans) evaporated milk
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Irish Potato Soup
- 1Cook and stir bacon bits in large deep skillet to release some of the grease, then remove to a bowl.
Add the onion and celery to the pan and cook over medium heat until the onion is translucent and tender. Drain excess grease if necessary, then stir in potatoes. Add water to cover all but 1-inch of the potatoes.
- 2Bring to a boil over medium heat, then reduce to medium -low, and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes, stirring often.
Stir in the evaporated milk, and cook until warmed through. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in bacon just before serving. Ladies this is a great soup!