3-4 can(s)cream of potato soup
4red skin potatoes (unpeeled)
1/2 pkgfrozen corn
2onions chopped 1/2 inch squares
3-4 can(s)whole milk
A few cof instant mashed potato mix
How to Make Heartland Chowder
- For this recipe and most of my others you'll want a big ole crock pot and if you only have a smaller one, just cut it all in half.
- Chop your veggies good and big; Not so big they can't fit in your mouth or on the spoon with a few friends, but good and hearty. And then go ahead and set them aside.
- Now just dump your cream of potato soup cans and add the equal cans milk, making sure to stir it up.
- Toss all your chopped veggies in, but hold off on the chives and the frozen corn.
- Leave all that sit on low for about 2-3 hours depending on how crunchy you like your veg. And about half way drop in your frozen corn and the chives
- And lastly, about 20 mins before you serve, put a cup or two of the instant mashed potato flakes to thicken the whole thing up without adding a real starchy flavor.