Harvest Squash & Pear Soup
28 oz1 can pear halves in their own juice,drained and coarsely chopped
1 largeonion coarsely chopped
2 1/2 cwater
10 ozchicken broth, non-fat
1/2 tspeach cinnamon / ground ginger /salt / pepper
·grated parmesan cheese) optional
2 lb! butternut squash
How to Make Harvest Squash & Pear Soup
- Set a large dutch oven over medium high heat.
Add squash, Pears,onion, water, broth,garlic powder,cinnamon,ginger, salt and pepper.
- cover pot and bring to a boil. Then reduce heat to med.simmer covered stirring occasionally until squash is tender 10 to 15 min.
- Ladle about one third of soup into a food processor, Whirl until smooth scraping down side of bowl as needed Pour into a clean pot
- Puree remaining soup in 2 more batches and add to pot. return to burner. Bring to a boil over med heat stirring often. Taste, then add more salt if needed.
- Ladle soup into bowls sprinkle with parmesan.
Soup will keep well covered and refrigerated for up yo five days. Or you can freeze up to 2 months
- **Instead of processor you can puree the soup directly in the pot if you have a hand blender Much easier and less messy.**