Harvest Squash & Pear Soup
- 28 oz
- 1 can pear halves in their own juice,drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 large
- onion coarsely chopped
- 2 1/2 c
- 10 oz
- chicken broth, non-fat
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- each cinnamon / ground ginger /salt / pepper
- grated parmesan cheese) optional
- chives optional
- 2 lb
- ! butternut squash
How to Make Harvest Squash & Pear Soup
- 1Set a large dutch oven over medium high heat.
Add squash, Pears,onion, water, broth,garlic powder,cinnamon,ginger, salt and pepper.
- 2cover pot and bring to a boil. Then reduce heat to med.simmer covered stirring occasionally until squash is tender 10 to 15 min.
- 3Ladle about one third of soup into a food processor, Whirl until smooth scraping down side of bowl as needed Pour into a clean pot
- 4Puree remaining soup in 2 more batches and add to pot. return to burner. Bring to a boil over med heat stirring often. Taste, then add more salt if needed.
- 5Ladle soup into bowls sprinkle with parmesan.
Soup will keep well covered and refrigerated for up yo five days. Or you can freeze up to 2 months
- 6**Instead of processor you can puree the soup directly in the pot if you have a hand blender Much easier and less messy.**