Gluten Free Vegetarian Potato,Kale,Rice Soup
Blue Ribbon Recipe
I really enjoyed the flavors of this soup. I kept finding myself going back again and again for it. I will definitely making this on a cold winter night! The Test Kitchen
3 Tbspolive oil, extra virgin
1 smallsweet yellow onion, diced
1 mediumgreen pepper, diced
2 mediumcarrots, peeled and diced
3 sprig(s)celery, diced
2 mediumidaho potatoes, peeled and diced
4 clovegarlic, minced
4 sprig(s)fresh kale, chopped
2 cinstant brown rice
1 can(s)black beans, drained and rinsed
to taste pinchsalt and pepper
1 Tbspapple cider vinegar
64 ozgluten free vegetable broth (enough broth to cover 1/2 inch above ingredients in pot)
How to Make Gluten Free Vegetarian Potato,Kale,Rice Soup
- Prep all ingredients before starting. This will make everything run smoothly. Cut the veggies into sizes you prefer eating. Example I like smaller chunks of veggies in my soup so I cut them smaller. Just keep in mind the bigger the chunks the longer it takes to cook. (make sure all veggies are even in size so they cook evenly)
- Pour olive oil into the soup pot and start to heat it up.
- Keep stirring occasionally until kale is slightly wilted. Pour in apple cider vinegar to deglaze the bottom of the pan.
- Stir in rice until it is lightly coated with the left over oil and vinegar.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper