1/2 cdiced onion
1 ceach: diced celery, chopped broccoli, diced carrot, sliced mushrooms, chopped cauliflower, diced bell pepper
3 smalldiced gold or red potato
4 cchicken or vegetable broth
1 cdry white wine (optional)
1 tspgarlic salt
3 cshredded cheddar
·additional salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Garden Chowder
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add all diced vegetables.
- Sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add broth and wine (if using). Cook until potatoes are tender - about 15-20 minutes.
- Wisk the flour into the milk. Add to the pot and cook over medium-low heat until slightly thickened - 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese until melted.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.