Frozen Peas Soup
- frozen peas
- water to cover plus a bit
- salt and pepper
- dried or fresh herb, e.g. mint, thyme, sage, etc.
- milk or cream
- cooked ham
- swiss (or other) cheese, shredded
HOW MANY PEAS YOU HAVE WILL DETERMINE HOW MUCH OF EACH INGREDIENT YOU NEED.
How to Make Frozen Peas Soup
- 1Put frozen peas in a sauce pan and cover with water, about a cup of water for every cup of peas.
- 2Season the peas with salt, pepper and the herb of your choice. Dried mint is a wonderful choice but may be jarring to more conservative eaters who think of mint as being only suited to sweets.
- 3When the peas are tender, use an immersion blender* to create a smooth soup, adding milk or cream as necessary to get a thick and pleasing consistency. Adjust the seasoning.
*Alternatively, use a regular blender or a food mill to puree the peas.
- 4Stir in the diced ham, heat through, and serve, garnished with the shredded cheese.
Two problems solved: a delicious soup for supper and no more forgotten bags of peas in the back of the freezer!