Fresh Tomato Soup - from scratch
This is much better than the commercially canned soup and I know that I have used the best ingredients with no chemical preservatives.
4 ctomatoes, diced or pureed in the blender (approximately 8 small tomatoes)
4 clovegarlic, minced
1 cchicken broth
1 tspsea salt or garlic salt
1 Tbspdry basil or fresh basil if you have it
1 Tbspsour cream (optional)
How to Make Fresh Tomato Soup - from scratch
- Saute onion and garlic in a little coconut or canola oil till tender and translucent.
- Add tomatoes and chicken broth, and seasonings and cook over medium heat for approximately 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly before transferring carefully to a blender. Puree until smooth.
- Return to pot to reheat. Check the seasonings and correct if necessary.
Serve with a dollop of sour cream. (Optional)
- You may add some cooked seafood to the prepared soup to make a good seafood soup. 1/4 c. to 1/2 c. is plenty.