Fresh Tomato Soup - from scratch
This is much better than the commercially canned soup and I know that I have used the best ingredients with no chemical preservatives.
- 4 c
- tomatoes, diced or pureed in the blender (approximately 8 small tomatoes)
- onion chopped
- 4 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1 c
- chicken broth
- 1 tsp
- sea salt or garlic salt
- 1 Tbsp
- dry basil or fresh basil if you have it
- 1 dash(es)
- 2-3 tsp
- 1 Tbsp
- sour cream (optional)
How to Make Fresh Tomato Soup - from scratch
- 1Saute onion and garlic in a little coconut or canola oil till tender and translucent.
- 2Add tomatoes and chicken broth, and seasonings and cook over medium heat for approximately 15 minutes.
- 3Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly before transferring carefully to a blender. Puree until smooth.
- 4Return to pot to reheat. Check the seasonings and correct if necessary.
Serve with a dollop of sour cream. (Optional)
- 5You may add some cooked seafood to the prepared soup to make a good seafood soup. 1/4 c. to 1/2 c. is plenty.