Easy Vegetable Soup
This soup can be altered in almost any way you'd like--with your personal favorite veggies. Just keep in mind if you are a WW member, to track starchy vegetables for points.
The Margaret Holmes canned veggies were something I ran across at Aldi's; not even sure I'll be able to get them here again, but they made me hungry for soup! :)
I didn't check "vegetarian," but it could be without the beef bouillon.
- 4 c
- fresh sliced carrots
- celery ribs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 c
- chopped fresh cabbage
- beef bouillon, cubes
- 2 Tbsp
- onion poder
- 1 bag(s)
- freshlike vegetables for stew (16 oz.)
- 2 can(s)
- margaret holmes tomatoes, okra, and corn with juices
- 2 Tbsp
- kitchen bouquet browning and seasoning sauce
How to Make Easy Vegetable Soup
- 1Wash and cut up the carrots, celery, and cabbage. Put into kettle--at least a 6-quart one if possible.
Cover vegetables amply with water. Add beef bouillon, onion powder, and Kitchen Bouquet.
Let simmer until vegetables begin to get tender.
Add Freshlike (or any brand mixed vegetables or stew vegetables) and entire cans, with juices, of the Margaret Holmes vegetables.
- 2Let soup simmer until tender. Taste before adding any other seasonings, as the bouillion is salty, and the Kitchen Bouquet seasons.
- 3One cup equals one Weight Watcher point. This recipe makes approximately 20 one-cup servings.