Easy, Hearty Corn Chowder
If you don't want to use curry, use a dash of nutmeg @ the end to give it a richness.
- 4 can(s)
- corn (i used mix of 1 can cream of corn & then 3 cans white & yellow mix)
- 2 c
- chicken broth
- white or yukon gold potato, diced w/ peel
- 4 Tbsp
- white onion, diced
- slices of roasted red peppers
- tabasco, & white pepper
- stalk, celery, diced
- 1 can(s)
- cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 c
- slice of bacon (not cut up)
- fresh parsley, scallions (optional)
- 1 tsp
- curry powder
How to Make Easy, Hearty Corn Chowder
- 1Melt butter & saute onion & celery over med heat. (Sprinkle w/ a little salt).
- 2Add the slice of bacon, chicken broth and potatoes & let simmer about 20 mins or until potato is tender.
- 3Mix a can of the chicken soup w/ milk & stir. Add to broth cooking on stove. (Keep on low). Add a splash of curry & a little white pepper. Add the diced red peppers (I just diced up a few from the jarred kind). Drain most of the corn & add in. Stir & simmer until it is to your taste. Add more salt as you cook, to your liking. When ready to eat, take out bacon slice & fry & crumble to use as a garnish w/ scallions, if you like, or fresh parsley. You can add a little more curry if you want, but I didn't want it to overpower the flavor.