EASY BROCCOLI SOUP
- 1 pkg
- chopped broccoli( a 10 oz box is fine)
- 1/4 c
- chopped vidalia onion(or any sweet onion)
- 2 Tbsp
- butter( you can cut calories and just use one tbsp)
- 1/4 c
- all purpose flour
- 2 c
- chicken broth
- 1 c
- heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- cheddar cheese, shredded(optional)
How to Make EASY BROCCOLI SOUP
- 1Melt butter in large pot over low heat.
- 2Add onion to melted butter and saute until tender.
- 3In separate bowl whisk the chicken broth and the flour well.
- 4Add broccoli and the broth and flour mixture to the onion.
- 5Simmer until soup thickens, stirring frequently.
- 6Add cream, and stir until well blended. Do NOT boil at this point.
- 7Add shredded cheese at this point if you would like to.
- 8Serve hot and enjoy!