Creamy Vegan Asparagus Soup
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Creamy and delicious! We added a healthy amount of cumin and the flavors blended absolutely perfectly. I love asparagus and am amazed at how much we enjoyed this vegan "cream" soup - can't wait to have it again! The Test Kitchen
·vegetable cooking spray
3 Tbspolive oil, extra virgin
1 conion, chopped
3 ccauliflower, chopped
3 cvegetable broth
1 clovegarlic, minced
1 pinchsea salt
1 1/2 calmond milk
How to Make Creamy Vegan Asparagus Soup
- Spray a large pasta pot with the cooking spray and add 1 Tbsp. of the olive oil, and slightly brown the oil on medium (this may appear as "burning" the oil, but it is crucial to have this flavor).
- When oil has reached a light golden brown color, add the onions and sauté until they are clear. Add a pinch of salt.
- Add the cauliflower and sauté for about 5 min., or until slightly tender.
- Add 6 spears of chopped asparagus and continue to sauté for another 3 minutes, or until the asparagus is slightly tender.
- Add 1/2 cup of the vegetable broth and let simmer on med-low for another 10 min. or so.
- Add another cup of broth and return the heat to medium, allowing to simmer while continuously stirring.
- Once it appears to have a reduced slightly, remove the mixture from the heat and put into a heat resistant bowl. Allow to cool.
- Once the mixture has become room temperature, use a hand-blender or food processor to blend until smooth (with little to no chunks).
- Spray a clean pot with more spray and add 1 Tbsp. of olive oil.
- Add the garlic and sauté until golden brown.
- Add the rest of the asparagus chopped and sauté for about 5 min. or until tender and add the remainder of the vegetable broth.
- Add the blended mixture to the pot and allow to simmer on med-low for about 10 min. and add spices to taste.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the almond milk. Allow to mix well and then serve.