Creamy Turnip Sup
1 lbwhite turnips (about 4 medium) peeled and cubed
3 clow sodium vegetable broth
3 Tbspbutter, unsalted
1 smallwhite onion chopped
4 clovegarlic minced
1/2 cinstant mashed potatoes
1 tspfreshly grated nutmeg
3 ozcream cheese, low-fat (soften)
2 Tbspflat leaf parsley chopped
How to Make Creamy Turnip Sup
- In a stock pot ( about 3-5 quart size) add vegetable broth and bring to a boil.
- Then add turnips, butter, onions, garlic, and reduce heat, let simmer for about 15 minutes or until fork tender.
- Remove from heat and let cool for a few minutes. Prep blender for soup (be careful when placing hot items in your blender as the steam can blow the lid off.) You must vent your lid.
- Pour soup mixture into blender and add mashed potato flakes, nutmeg, honey, and blend on medium speed until smooth, then add soften cream cheese and blend well.
- Return soup to pot and let simmer for about 2-3 minutes, season to taste with salt and pepper. Then add chopped parsley and blend. Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with fresh chopped scallions and additional parsley.