"Cream" of Vegetable Soup
1 boxcampbell's chicken broth
1 Tbspolive oil (or the amount you feel you need)
·your choice of vegetables - suggestions: bunch of broccoli or 2 diced potatoes and 1 sliced leek or 2 - 3 good carrots with a pinch of nutmeg or squash or asparagas or any combination of vegetables
How to Make "Cream" of Vegetable Soup
- In a Medium Saucepan: SAUTE the diced onion and/or garlic in the olive oil to soften
- ADD: Contents of box (tetra pak) Campbell's Chicken Broth (You may prefer to use the Beef or Vegetable broths)
- ADD: Prepared Vegetables and cook over medium heat until vegetables are cooked
- Let it cool for 10-15 minutes and pour contents into a blender or food processor. Puree and - - that's it!
You can garnish your soup with croutons, grated cheese, parsley etc. For example: If I am serving my "Cream" of Broccoli soup to friends, I garnish with grated Parmesan or Cheddar cheese and a sprig of Parsley
- You will notice that I have added no salt or spice. There is salt in the broth and it seems to be more than adequate. The possible variations here are endless and only limited by your imagination. If you do not suffer from GERD or heartburn, you may want to use pepper, chili's or other spices.
Enjoy experimenting and creating your own "Cream" of Vegetable soups.