Cream of Cauliflower Soup sans cream
1 largeonion, sliced
3 clovegarlic, chopped
1/2 calmond meal
1 tspmustard, ground
32 ozchicken broth, low-fat
1 Tbspchicken base
1 tspground pepper
·salt & pepper to taste
How to Make Cream of Cauliflower Soup sans cream
- Heat oil in a deep heavy bottomed pot, & saute the onion. When onions are wilted, add in garlic & saute for another minute or so...just make sure garlic doesn't burn.
- Add in the cauliflower & keep sauteing for another 5 mins. Then pour in the stock, chicken base & water & let it come to a boil. Add in the Almond meal, ground pepper, mustard.
- When the cauliflower is well cooked, take it off the heat & use an immersion/stick blender & blend the soup, until it is nice and smooth.
- Taste for seasonings, add in slt or pepper if needed.
- Serve with a sprinkling of parsley & a little cayenne pepper & enjoy.