Cozy Vegetable Stew
- head cabbage, chopped into 1 inch chunks
- potatos, peeled and chopped into 1 inch chunks (save one to grate)
- onion, chopped
- bell pepper, chopped
- celery stalks, sliced
- carrot, grated
- 1 can(s)
- cut-up tomatos
- envelope onion soup mix
- water to cover
- add salt and pepper at the end to your taste
How to Make Cozy Vegetable Stew
- 1Put all ingredients into large pot. Cover with water.
- 2Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 2 hours. Add additional water when neccessary. Cook until fairly thick. Smash a few potatos against side of pot with back of spoon to thicken liquid. Be sure to keep bottom scraped during last 1/2 hour to hour of cooking time.
- 3Season with salt and pepper to taste during last 1/2 hour or when stew is done.