Recipe & photo: potatogoodness.com
- 4 medium
- russet potatoes, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 1 can(s)
- (14 oz.) chicken broth
- 1 c
- 2 Tbsp
- canola oil
- 3 c
- coarsely chopped green cabbage
- 3/4 c
- finely chopped onion
- 8 oz
- smoked sausage, sliced 1/4" thick
- 1 medium
- carrot, shredded
- 1/2 c
- pepper, to taste
How to Make COLCANNON CHOWDER
- 1In a large saucepan, cover the potatoes with broth and water; add 1 tsp. salt. Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat, cover and cook 12 to 15 minutes. Set aside.
- 2Meanwhile, saute cabbage and onion in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Saute 10 minutes, tossing occasionally. Add the sausage and continue sauteing another 10 minutes, until all begin to turn brown. Add carrots; set aside.
- 3With a slotted spoon, remove about 3/4 cup potatoes and add to skillet. In a blender, blend remaining potatoes and liquid until smooth, and then return to saucepan.
- 4Add the contents of skillet; mix in enough milk for consistency desired. Heat to simmering. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with crusty bread.