Coca Cola French Onion Soup
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 4 cups thinly sliced onions
- 2 cans (10 1/2 oz each) beef broth
- 3/4 cup coca-cola
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup tsp vinegar
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- thick french bread slices
- grated parmesan cheese
How to Make Coca Cola French Onion Soup
- 1Melt butter in heavy saucepan, add onions and cook until golden: do not brown. Add undiluted beef broth, 1 soup can of water, Coca Cola, salt, vinegar and pepper.
Cover and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes.
Toast 1 side of French bread slices in a broiler. Turn, generously sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and toast until browned.
Ladle soup into deep bowls and top with toast, cheese side up. and serve.
Tip: To reduce foam for accurate measurement, use Coca Cola at room temperature and stir rapidly.