Recipe Source~ Country Italian Cooking
2 Tbspolive oil
1 1/2 cchopped onion
1 cchopped celery
1/2 cchopped green bell pepper
1 largeclove garlic, minced
1 can(s)(28 oz.) crushed tomatoes
1 can(s)(6oz.) tomato paste
1 tspitalian seasoning
1/2 tspground black pepper
1 cdry red wine or chicken broth
3 lbwhite fish, shrimp, scallops, cooked crab, cooked lobster, clams and/or oysters (in any proportion)
How to Make Cioppino
- Heat oil in large saucepan. Add onion, celery, bell pepper and garlic; saute until vegetables are tender. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, Italian seasoning, salt, black pepper, water and wine.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- To prepare fish and seafood: scrub clams and/or oysters under running water. Place in 1/2-inch boiling water in separate large saucepan; cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer just until shells open, about 3 minutes. Set aside.
- Cut crab, lobster, fish and scallops into bite-size pieces.
- Shell and devein shrimp. Add fish to tomato mixture; simmer 5 minutes. Add scallops and shrimp; simmer t minutes.
- Add crab, lobster and reserved clam and/or oysters; simmer until heated through.
3 points per cup