Chilled Cucumber Soup
★★★★★ 2 votes5
- cucumbers, peeled, seeded, salted and drained
- chopped scallions, or your choice
- 2 tbs
- chopped, fresh dill
- 1/4 cup
- fresh lemon juice
- 1 qt.
- 1 pint
- plain yogurt
- salt and freah fresh ground pepper to taste, dash garlic powder
How to Make Chilled Cucumber Soup
- 1Place cucumber and scallions in blender and puree. Add buttermilk, plain yogurt, and fresh lemon juice and pulse to blend well. Add fresh dill, pulse 1-2 times. add salt and pepper. Chill well.
- 2For more color and flavor, you may add peeled and chopped avacado. For more seasoning use chives, garlic, cilantro or cumin. Try crumbled bacon, seasoned croutons.