CHILI CHEESE SOUP (SALLYE)
Looking for a piquant flavor filled soup to serve your family on cool winter days? Search no more, you're going to love this one.
1 Tbspolive oil
1 ccarrot matchsticks (optional)
1 or 2 mediumpotatoes***
1 or 2 mediumhatch green chiles (or your choice)
1 smallcan hunt's tomato sauce (7 oz)
6 to 8 cwater or vegetable broth
8 ozgrated mexican blend chese (or your choice)
How to Make CHILI CHEESE SOUP (SALLYE)
Peel and dice potatoes.
Peel and dice onion.
Cut stem off peppers, remove membranes and seeds and dice.
Peel and dice garlic cloves.
NOTE: To save time, you can place onion, chiles and garlic in food processor and pulse until finely diced.
- Place heavy saucepan over medium high heat, add cooking oil.
When oil is shimmering, add onions, chiles and garlic and cook until tender, but not brown.
- Add potatoes and carrots to saucepan and continue cooking for about 2 minutes.
- Add water, tomato sauce, and salt to sauce pan.
Turn heat to low and simmer until potatoes are tender (about 20 minutes).
- Stir in cheese until well blended and remove from heat.
- Best if served while still hot.
- ***For a more authentic Mexican dish, substitute 1 or 2 cans of hominy.