Cheddar Green Goddess Soup
1 1/2 Tbspextra virgin olive oil
3leeks (white part)
1small/med head green cauliflower (if you can't find it you can use regular cauliflower but the green adds a great flavor)
3 clow sodium chicken broth (or veggie broth)
1 dash(es)garlic powder and black pepper
6 ozextra sharp cheddar cheese (use a quality brand for optimum flavor)
·chives for topping
How to Make Cheddar Green Goddess Soup
- In a large sauce pan heat the olive oil and saute leeks for about 7 minutes until they are slightly browned
- Add green cauliflower florets, jalapeno and broth and simmer for 25 minutes until the florets are softened.
- Season with garlic powder and pepper and remove from heat.
- Cool until manageable in a blender and blend into a smooth consistency
- Return to the pan and bring back to a simmer . Add cheese and let it slowly melt in.
- Serve and sprinkle chives on top. Enjoy!