Cauliflower Potato Soup with Leeks
1 Tbspolive oil for the pancetta
6slices pancetta ( fewer slices of bacon can be substituted)
1leek, washed, thinly sliced
6 cchicken stock ( i used 1/3 water to 2/3 stock)
1small head cauliflower, cut into bite-size pieces
2russet potatoes, diced
3/4 cshredded cheddar cheese
·pinch of salt and pepper
a fewchives, cut or minced
How to Make Cauliflower Potato Soup with Leeks
- Heat the oil in a large pot and add the pancetta. (or fry bacon) Saute until it is crispy. Remove with a slotted spoon and reserve.
- Using the same oil, saute the leeks until they turn soft. Deglaze the pan with the stock.
- Add the cauliflower, potatoes and bay leaf to the stock and simmer for about 20 minutes, or until the veggies are tender.
- Remove the pot from the heat. Using a slotted spoon scoop out and reserve about one cup of the potato and cauliflower mix. Remove the bay leaf.
- Puree the slightly cooled soup in a blender. Return it to the pot and add the cheese whisking until the cheese melts.
- Add the reserved cup of veggies to the pot. Stir gently.
Serve and top with a bit of pancetta or bacon and chives. Enjoy! I served the soup with crusty bread.