Cauliflower Potato Soup with Leeks
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil for the pancetta
- slices pancetta ( fewer slices of bacon can be substituted)
- leek, washed, thinly sliced
- 6 c
- chicken stock ( i used 1/3 water to 2/3 stock)
- small head cauliflower, cut into bite-size pieces
- russet potatoes, diced
- bay leaf
- 3/4 c
- shredded cheddar cheese
- pinch of salt and pepper
- a few
- chives, cut or minced
How to Make Cauliflower Potato Soup with Leeks
- 1Heat the oil in a large pot and add the pancetta. (or fry bacon) Saute until it is crispy. Remove with a slotted spoon and reserve.
- 2Using the same oil, saute the leeks until they turn soft. Deglaze the pan with the stock.
- 3Add the cauliflower, potatoes and bay leaf to the stock and simmer for about 20 minutes, or until the veggies are tender.
- 4Remove the pot from the heat. Using a slotted spoon scoop out and reserve about one cup of the potato and cauliflower mix. Remove the bay leaf.
- 5Puree the slightly cooled soup in a blender. Return it to the pot and add the cheese whisking until the cheese melts.
- 6Add the reserved cup of veggies to the pot. Stir gently.
Serve and top with a bit of pancetta or bacon and chives. Enjoy! I served the soup with crusty bread.