Carrot Soup, chilled with currry powner
When the dog days of summer beat down this is a cool refreshing way to relax.
It's smooth and luscious.
2 lbcarrots, chopped
1 smallsweet onion chopped
4 clovegarlic, smashed
1 qtbroth, chicken or veggie, both work well
3 Tbspbrown sugar
1/2 tspcurry powder
·salt and pepper to taste
2 Tbspparsley, fresh chopped
1/4 ccream, milk or even soy milk
How to Make Carrot Soup, chilled with currry powner
- Put first 4 ingredients in a 5 quart stock pot. Simmer till all veggies are tender.
- Add next 4 ingredients and continue to simmer 10 more minutes. Allow to cool completely
- cooked veg and liquid to blender or food processor. Add Cream. Blend Until very smooth.
- chill at least 3 or 4 hours. Overnight would be even better
- Serve cold. top with a a dollop of sour cream or a splash of coconut milk.