Carrot Soup, chilled with currry powner
When the dog days of summer beat down this is a cool refreshing way to relax.
It's smooth and luscious.
- 2 lb
- carrots, chopped
- 1 small
- sweet onion chopped
- 4 clove
- garlic, smashed
- 1 qt
- broth, chicken or veggie, both work well
- 3 Tbsp
- brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp
- curry powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp
- parsley, fresh chopped
- 1/4 c
- cream, milk or even soy milk
How to Make Carrot Soup, chilled with currry powner
- 1Put first 4 ingredients in a 5 quart stock pot. Simmer till all veggies are tender.
- 2Add next 4 ingredients and continue to simmer 10 more minutes. Allow to cool completely
- 3cooked veg and liquid to blender or food processor. Add Cream. Blend Until very smooth.
- 4chill at least 3 or 4 hours. Overnight would be even better
- 5Serve cold. top with a a dollop of sour cream or a splash of coconut milk.