Carrot ginger soup
8 largecarrots, peeled and chopped
1/2 largeonion, chopped
1gala apple, peeled, cored and chopped
2 clovegarlic, roughly chopped
1/2 tspfresh ginger, peeled and chopped
4 cvegetable broth
1/2 ccoconut or almond milk
·salt and pepper, to taste
How to Make Carrot ginger soup
- In a large pot, over medium heat, saute the onions and carrots for about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and ginger, and saute another 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- To the pot, add the vegetable broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer, cover and let cook for about 10-15 minutes, until carrots are tender.
- Remove from heat, and let cool slightly.
- Add vegetables and broth to a food processor in a couple batches, and blend until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the milk, cinnamon, honey, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Serve and enjoy!